2.01.2011

Halloween 2010


We had a super fun Halloween this year.  Somehow I managed to do everything I wanted to do in the tradition department... oh and by the way this is Derek...who thinks he is, ahem, "getting a little old to dress up for Halloween" -- "What are you, D?"  "A nerd..."  What a goofball you are D -- you make me laugh.  I grabbed this wig and Groucho glasses for $1 and he wore them well!  Too old...c'mon...



Megan was a beautiful Flamenco Dancer [thank you Vicki] -- Megan was still confused about her costume not looking like a flamingo - I overheard her telling our neighbor the reason why... "it's a costume from a different country, they look different over there, they're not pink like here." 



Kaiya was a magical Princess Jasmine - I could tell she felt like a princess the way she carried herself when she put the costume on...



Everett is the 5th Russell Child to wear our Brannon the Gap Bear costume... 'Rhetters was thrilled about Halloween, it was a chilly night so we bundled him up in his stroller and went to a few houses to trick-or-treat.  He got a big kick out of how much fun the big kids were having running from place to place - he was taking everything in and cheering them on...







after being out in the cold - we came home and made some yummy lentils and ham...


while the kid-dos played card games they picked up from trick-or-treating...

'Rhetters decided he was done early that night so I had Syd take these pictures before we got him out of the costume and into bed...
   
  
I so love you my little snuggler! 
      
The kid-dos spent a bunch more time playing their card game, we had a wonderfully hearty dinner, ate a few pieces of candy and then headed to bed -- after all it was a school night!

    

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

All you guys are such great halloweeners!! Mr. D has a great disguise...keep that one for when the girls start (you know). Love you trickers!!

Nana
xoxox

Vicki said...

I love that Megan thought it was flamingo dancer. Too cute.

Melissa said...

Love Halloween! And I think I need this caramel recipe- Yum!