1.31.2011

guts, guts, guts...


Always one of our favorite times of year -- this year was no exception.  The camera was focused on Derek in this picture -- but I was really looking at the silly people in the background!


guts, guts, guts...


ooooh and Halloween Countdown Blocks - how fun!


Derek asked for no help this year -- start to finish.  He just kept building and creating and sculpting his jack-o-lantern...


and then there was a box of toothpicks...


mm - hmm... what's going on here?
 

and three random pictures of me...notice it's me, I'm not behind the camera... Megan asked for help with her baby pumpkin and I couldn't refuse...


she wanted just eyes looking to the side - no nose...no mouth


at this point, I was thinking... this is fun!  Why didn't I get a pumpkin for me to carve?  Oh, yeah, because I get to help everyone else... I think I'll be carving pumpkins again soon now that most of the kid-dos seem to be able to help themselves!


Mark helping Kaiya...this picture proves he was there as well!


Derek's finished product -- a skull with a flaming tower in the middle!  And duct tape!  Makes me laugh!


The tower had a bit of a fire-ee accident when it was lit...I couldn't grab the camera fast enough unfortunately -- just imagine a skull pumpkin, like the one above, will a ball of flames shooting out of the top of it!  It was VERY fun and very Derek at this point!


Megan's 'Mee-mo' punkin'


Syd's 'black stem spell' pumpkin


and Kaiya's 'hoy-kee' pumpkin




and then there was this little treat for us when we finished...



Caramel Apples - with our friend Shauna's to die for Caramel Recipe and rainy weather instructions...


not too hard - just enough bite to the caramel - not enough to rip your teeth out or anything -- just perfectly perfect and delicious -- a new obsession... I actually had a dream about the leftover caramel apples waiting for me downstairs in the kitchen!  Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm telling you, these counting blocks can be made and marketed for every dang holiday AND they are so CUTE!! Let me know when you go into production. Maybe by then I'll be retired and I can go to work for you!!

Love
Nana
xoxoxo