11.10.2010

We LOVE Jack Johnson...


For Mother's Day this year, Mark SURPRISED me with Jack Johnson concert tickets... if you know me well - you know that I'm pretty crazy in love with JACK - his music that is - OK and JACK too - no worries Mark knows! -- Mark loves his music too...in the photo above we had just turned onto this road that seemed to be going nowhere, we couldn't see an end in sight - just a road out in the middle of nowhere -- but there were LOTS of other cars on this road as well all with one purpose...there's a metaphor somewhere in there...


Our first date away from the kid-dos in a LONG time, Everett included... a little hard for me to leave our sweet baby...but with Nana here - I knew everyone was in good hands and that they would all feel happy, comfortable and knowing Nana...probably having a Star Wars marathon! 

SO excited to share this experience with you, Mark! 

It's funny - we found our parking place, grabbed our back pack and brand new Crazy Creeks [just purchased from REI -- part of the date that was an experience all in itself!] and headed up the path towards...? We couldn't see anything - where was this concert - you can't see anything until you go up over this hill and then you see this...



pictures will never do it justice...


We wanted to sit dead center as much as possible - so did everyone else -- but we were able to find a small spot perfect for us in the middle of a couple of families [also die hard Jack Johnson fans] they were very gracious and moved a bit to give us plenty of room - perfect spots -  SIDENOTE: I say perfect spots, which they were, HOWEVER our AMAZING friend Kelli had the opportunity to sit directly in front of Jack, close enough to see the stubble on his chin - during a concert at Red Rocks a couple years ago - not jealous - just saying... but because we couldn't get 'stubble' seats - these seats were perfect!  This is right about the time I called her on my cell phone -- Kelli is always so sweet to share in the excitement of Jack Johnson with me, had to bring you along in some way, Kelli!


This guy in the gray shirt, is the dad of one of the families that let us sit by them - he had the coolest hair ever - and as Mark and I observed was one of the coolest dad's ever - bringing his college age children and their friends to the concert - they were all so nice we talked and got to know each other a bit - they shared binoculars with us - just nice people -- from Spokane...next time we have to share this with our die hard Jack Johnson fan kid-dos! 





I love you, Mark -- so fun to get away with you!  Thanks for being so thoughtful and getting these tickets!


Zee Avi - I had heard a couple of her songs before and didn't know this was her - I'm now a Zee Avi fan as well... and now a panarama...






he he he...


just as the Sun went down - G.Love and Special Sauce performed - they were LOTS of fun to listen to - Mark and I were anxious to see Jack...



I stole this photo from the Jack Johnson website - there was a bunch of photos from the concert that night...the rest of the photos are ours!



he started the concert off with the first song on his new album You and Your Heart...


sang Banana Pancakes, thank goodness...


and as he started singing Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - somewhere in there he forgot the lyrics - he was very cute about it...and gave us all a good laugh...


hands down one of the BEST experiences of my life - I told Mark on the way home, I think I could be a group-ee, go to every Jack Johnson concert... but I know better, too much of a good thing...can make you sick - as Kaiya would say!  Thank you Nana for being here with the kid-dos and letting us go on this date, and for letting us borrow your camera - on the website they said no SLR camera's so we left the big one at home - come to find out - we could've brought the big camera with us--no problem-- and a lot of people did -- live and learn... now I have a BIG lense for the next JJ concert -- but that's for another post entirely! mmmm...sigh...


5 comments:

Vicki said...

You guys are way too cute!

Diane said...

Lucky! That looked amazing! Enjoying Zee Avi as well. Glad you had a great.

Melissa said...

So much fun. I would love to see him in concert, as well as go to the Gorge.

brandon said...

cami told me that you had a reference to Jack Johnson on her post about me recently because she knows I am obsessed with him. his music is all i listen to and it would be awesome to hit up a concert of his one day. great post, what an awesome experience.

brandon

JKLCP said...

How fun for you! Sounds absolutely awesome!