11.07.2010

We feel blessed...



With Nana here for a visit, we invited everyone to come to our house to share in Everett's blessing.  Having everyone in our home made the blessing even more special and warm...  Derek had just come home from soccer practice and our friend Shauna brought over some of her amazing cupcakes to share --both carrot cake and chocolate with raspberry filling and chocolate frosting --heavenly!

We started off the evening by singing Teach Me to Walk in the Light and the Spirit immediately filled the room - it was SO sweet...Brother Baker opened with a prayer... 

I was a little concerned about how [E] would react, if he would be scared when all these men gathered around to hold him, but he made it through the entire blessing without even a peep!  Mark said [E] just relaxed into their arms, put his arms up to rub the back top part of his head - his soothing habit - and started to go to sleep as they were bouncing him!  Guess I should've known that's how he would react -- in fact I'm quite sure Everett wouldn't mind if they came over every night to give him a blessing and some bouncing! 

Mark gave [E] a great blessing and I remember towards the end Mark saying, "I bless you to remain and continue to be as happy as you have been since you came to us..."  It's so true - we feel so blessed to have such an amiable little one to join us [for the record - I'm not saying our other kid-dos are walking nightmares, it's quite the opposite!] Heavenly Father must have been saving him for just the right time and place in our family!  We LOVE you so much 'Rhetters!  Happy Blessing Day!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so thankful for technology! It was a wonderful spirit-filled event! Greatful to be in Seattle at this time. Everett is such a sweetie! We love you Ev.

Nana

Diane said...

What a special time for your family. How sweet that E was so cooperative. Sounds like it suits him well.