11.05.2010

bend it...

It's been quite a soccer season for Derek - neat to see skills and concept of the game really coming together for him...his best friend [T] is a SUPER soccer player and when they get together it's almost always about soccer.  Soccer drills, soccer practice, soccer games, soccer talk... it's all furthering Derek's love of the game and did I mention a serious competitive side we've rarely seen?  You'll see it in some of the action shots to follow...


Derek is fortunate to have a couple great coaches this year - who are also VERY passionate about the game...I love that it's not been SO much about winning as it is building skill, understanding the game and team work...


we've played some pretty crazy aggressive and over the top teams - won a couple games - lost most - but all in all what counts is that Derek is putting things together that will help him out in games still years away...



we've also seen a bit of aggressive elbowing from our boy as he tries to defend the goal...there have been a few penalties for such behavior...


clear eyes...full hearts... can't lose!



so fun to see progress in action - can't wait to see more -- rain or shine!

1 comment:

brittanyorton said...

Way to go D!!! It's ok I was a bit aggressive to... the trick is to not let the ref see!!! haha! Not that I am saying it is ok or anything (wink wink)..... muhaha!!!